Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I hope I get the hang of this!

Well I don't know if any of you know, but we are not
bloggers!  I hope this will help me get a little more organized with our family and help keep everyone up to date of our crazy lives!
There isn't much happening with our family this month.  We continue to work on things around the home.

Quincy is, as you all know, quite the handy man!  We have a few things to finish up on the new floor, but we are very pleased with how they turned out!  (this was during the processes!)  We do still have baseboards to to get and paint, and put up, but we love the the new floor.  Quincy also refinished our kitchen table.  We still have the chairs to do, but it looks very nice with the floor.

Quincy continues to work hard at the prison.  He doesn't get any vacation time until after May, so it will be a long few months.  Hopefully we will be able to get away to a few places this summer. He is a teacher in Elder Quorum, and for the most part I think he enjoys the calling.  He had a fun time helping Keaton shot his 22 last month.  I think that will be a great past time for the both of them as Keaton continues to get older!
Jamie (me) is still working hard.  Sometimes it doesn't seem like there is a break between work and family, it gets jumbled together most days.  I am now in the Primary and get to teach Kendylls class.  It has been a blast so far.  I was extremely sad to be released from Young Women, but after having my Tuesday's back, it has made life a little less crazy for me!

Kendyll continues to love Kindergarten.  She seems to be learning and enjoying almost every minute of it.  She was Student of the month in December for Kindergarten, and got to have a picture with the Principal.  The teacher seems to be very pleased with how well she listens and participates.  She continues to get prizes and praises from her teacher and principal for being well behaved and doing good in school!  She is very colorful in choosing her outfits each day, and it shows her bright personality.  I am hoping to put her in dance or soccer, not quite sure which ones she wants to do more!  (also I am a procrastinator in getting her signed up for things,)  Nothing wrong with flowers, plaid and stripes, and snow boots RIGHT!
Keaton is a crazy little 4 year old.  He loves going to pre-school.  He has made a lot of friends, and his teacher continues to tell me how much she enjoys him, and has to remind herself to call on other kids, because Keaton is always raising his hands first, and almost always has the right answers.  He is the little leader out of his class and always a big help!  He loves to play Call of Duty with dad, and he is actually getting pretty good for a 4 year old!  He loves to play with his lego's and build things.  It is fun to see how imaginative he can be.  He is still very sweet and love to cuddle with mom, and will quite often still say I love you!.  Melts my heart every time he says that and smiles with his super cute dimples!  He is going to be a heart breaker someday!  This picture was taken on Christmas Eve and we did candle's for the cemetery!  It was freezing! But we enjoy that tradition each year!
We will try and be better at taking pictures.  This will hopefully help us be more aware of that, and snap away more often.  Love you all!  Quincy, Jamie, Kendyll and Keaton!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Your floor and table look beautiful! And that outfit of hers is just plain awesome.

Hallie said...

I love her choices! I wish as an adult we could pull that off without someone thinking we need to be committed, or that we must be a "MOM" and excusing our insanity....